Monday, October 27, 2014

BR 2-10: Fire Ready (Vasiliu Michelle, 2008)


"There was a thick dark cloud approaching." (p.16.).

 I have seen some fire accidents near by my house. At first, I found weak smoke over the parking area. It color of the smoke was black. I could judge that the black smoke means fire accident instantly. Fortunately, the fire was putted out at once, and there are no injured and casualties then. On the other hand, the house was burned down completely. I can't feel how horrible these fire accident because I always know some information about fire accidents from TV. However, I felt a worry for them. Actually, I don't have any knowledge for evacuate way when I involve fire accident. When I finished this book, I fully realize the importance of  it. Anyway, fire accidents can't be ignored as someone else's business.

The stage of this story is forest. The protagonist and his family living in a house which state in the forest. In short, this story's contents is forest fire. I heard that forest fire is spread quickly and widely. The family who appeared this story prepared for forest fire. However, actually when I read this book, I felt little bit strange. The forest fire had spread whole area already in this story, so prepare for forest fire is so dangerous for them. I think, if they award the forest fire, they should escape from the forest at first. they are trying to save their house from beginning to end of this story. I think l think lives is most important things of all, so it is strange for me.

Reference
Vasiliu, Michelle. (2008). Fire Ready
           Victoria, Australia. Albany, New Zealand. Toronto, Canada: Nelson Australia Pty Ltd

[255 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment