Thursday, October 16, 2014

BR 2-07: It's a Jungle Out There (Millett, 2007)


"There, in the middle of the backyard, was a lion!" (p.8.).

I have some experience of seeing animals, but these animal wasn't wild animals. When I went to safari park, I saw many animals in that park. It looked wild animals at that time, but I can't say clear about these animals. These animals looked live in wild environment, but actually they were placed under safari park stuff's surveillance. So, I think they aren't wild animals. It is difficult to see wild animal, but I think there are some misunderstanding. Most people think that "wild animals" means "wild African animals". Finding wild cat and dog isn't so difficult in our life. However, these animals which appear in this book are "wild African animal"s.

It is unbelievable thing that his father's garden become such as safari park. Of cause, the boy who is the main character of this story has world record of sleeping is surprising thing. Anyway this book excited my curiosity. When I reading this book, I felt as if I watching animated TV program. I think this story has big dream of children. Especially, boy's character is similar to most children's character. Spending money for comfortable way is one of the dream of the children. This book looks like a kind of toy box. I think that this book makes the children cheerful and innocent. This book should keep more important for the children.

Reference
Millett, Peter. (2007). It's a Jungle Out There
Victoria, Australia: Nelson Australia Pty Ltd

[225 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment