Tuesday, October 7, 2014

BR 2-05: Snow Magic! (Waring Rob, 2008)


"Raedeke is very careful about the snow-making process." (p.18.).

I'm not good at sports since when I was a elementary school student, and I caused a lot of miss during the PE classes every time. However, I have practiced skying before. I went to Fukushima as school trip when I was a high school student, and I experienced skying for the first time then. Actually, I was so excited because I hadn't see a lot of snow at that time, so seeing and touching snow was good experience for me. That snow looked not artificial thing. So, it was smooth to touch. Then, I considered about kind of snows. Especially, I was very conscious of artificial snow at that time.

This book picking up about skiing ground. There are many knowledge which I don't know. I was so surprised about the way of how to make snows and how to keep them. There are a lot of clever devices. When I read this book, I remember the Sochi Olympic. It had many sports events which use snows, but according to some rumor, Sochi Olympic used artificial snows. Was it made by some machines which introduced by this book? I think, it was so soft and smooth. However, I heard that the snows caused some problems for records. It looks difficult. I found that there is something complex reasons. If I got a chance to go skiing, I would to check them.

Reference
Waring, Rob. (2008). Snow Magic!
Boston, Massachusetts: Thomson Corporation

[232 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment