Thursday, October 2, 2014

BR 2-04: Making Headlines (Reilly Carmel, 2007)


"It was no wonder I never read the newspaper" (p.9.).

I learned how to read newspaper written in English last semester. It was very difficult for me for the first time because, some words has different meaning in the newspaper. So reading headline is most difficult thing for me. Actually, some headlines appeared in this story, so I take long time to read it. On the other hand, I read Japanese newspaper sometime. In addition, I often check some with my smart phone. Reading type which printed is good thing for me, but actually I think checking news with Internet is more useful than cardinally newspaper. When I read some news on Internet, I don't have to buy newspaper.

This story is expressing how to make nice headline. However, some people who making newspaper is students. So, the newspaper which appear in this story is a kind of class newspaper. At first, Magee who is the main character of this story is hate to make newspaper, but the end of this story, he enjoy to make some headline of class newspaper. I think making newspaper should fun. However, I was so surprised that some students go out to report. I can't imagine like that because when I was a junior high school student, I didn't do like that thing.

Reference
Reilly, Carmel. (2007).  Making Headlines
Victoria, Australia. Albany, New Zealand. Toronto, Canada: Nelson Australia Pty Ltd

[224 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment