Thursday, October 16, 2014

BR 2-08: Dirt on My Shoe (Graf, 2007)


"They were covered in sand and dirt" (p.10.).

Some TV programs pick up about world heritage sits sometimes and I watch them when I have a free time. I haven't been to abroad, so I don't know about such places very well. However, I had been to the island to dig out some fossils when I was a child. I tried to dig out some rocks from a rocky place, but I couldn't dig out them because I don't have much physical strength at that time. In addition, there were so hot. After all, I got only two fossils of shell. I fully realized the importance difficulty of nature  It was something really terrible experience, but it was so fun for me. 

At first, when I read this book, I interested about the scene of this story. I don't know these place is really exist, but it looks a nature reserve place. A boy and girl go on an expedition and try to find some fossils in that place. However, I feel some questions for this story. I can't understand why the boy put in his new shoes? Nobody pointed about it in this story. In addition, has a lizard which appeared into some pictures has any relation with this story? I can't find sentences which wrote about it. Maybe, is it a something secret of the boy? Anyway, he looked realised the existence of it.

Reference
Graf, Mike. (2007). Dirt on My Shoe
Victoria, Australia: Nelson Australia Pty Ltd

[228 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment