Friday, September 26, 2014

BR 2-02: The Key Cutter's Grandson (Bell Chris, 2007)


"He knew tonight he would not feel cold." (24.p.).

I have an experiences that I find a bill by the roadside. It seemed 1,000 yen, but that bill was but condition because it seemed ran over by a car. So, I couldn't peel off it from ground. Actually, I think I missed something a big chance at that time. However, It is very strange thing that a piece of paper has big value. If things don't go well, many people seeking them better than gold or jewels. Of cause, exchange of bills has many countless good points. However, at the same time, we lose site of the value of money inadvertently.

The protagonist of this story is Lei. Apparently he living in poor home and he has many things what he want to do. When he find a bill and snatched it, he crushed it inside of his hand. Actually I don't know that 100-yuan is how valuable. However, I think he was so nervous at that time. After he got a bill, he thought about how he going to spend his money. So, that money was so important for him. However, at last, he spent his money for his grandfather's new glasses. I think he noticed real value of money. After all, his money's value was lessen, but he seems happy. This is a most important scene of this story. At least, I think so. 

Reference
Bell, Chris. (2007). The Key Cutter's Grandson.
Victoria, Australia. Albany, New Zealand. Toronto, Canada: Nelson Australia Pty Ltd


[227 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment