Friday, September 26, 2014

BR 2-01: Cheese-Rolling Races (Waring Rob, 2008)


"What makes them do it? Are they crazy?" (16.p.).

Have you ever heard about this festival? At least, I know this festival because I have watched a TV program which picked up about it. Famous Japanese comedian attended this festival and he came tumbling from the hill hardly. Actually, when I found out about it for the first time, I didn't understand feeling of the people who attended that festival. Probably I think so too now. This book pick up and telling some comments of a participant. I read them, however that comments was very simple and little bit silly. The participant's thought was completely same as what I think.

In addition, there are a lot of people who injured seriously not only participants but also many spectators who came to festival site to watch participants. However, most of people enjoying this festival every year. Maybe, their thinking for this festival is very easy. This is a one of the reason why this festival is continuing until now. In addition, this festival has long history and culture of local country. This is a big factor. I think this problems over from a different angle, I can find new thinking. However, I wish a lot of people progress this festival more safely. 

Reference
Waring, Rob. (2008). Cheese-Rolling Races
                                    Boston, Massachusetts: Thomson Corporation.

[202 words]


No comments:

Post a Comment